Saturday, January 19, 2013

We are home!!!

Words cannot express how thankful I am to be home! Our flights were on time and Zoe did great on all four flights. She only cried twice on our 13 hour flight which was amazing. She is bonding with Robert every day and loves the boys and the dogs. My mom was such a huge help to me in China and I could never thank her enough for enduring the trip with me. Zoe and I are starting to adjust to the time zone here but she doesn't want to be left alone in her room at night so that is a adjustment for her. Robert ended up sleeping in the room with her last night while she slept in her crib. Making sure that we won't leave her. She is doing great with potty training and loves to eat. She had her first spaghetti tonight and loved it. Brushing her teeth has been a challenge as she has had no dental care at all. Soon we will schedule her physical and have her heart looked at. I can't thank all the people enough that have covered us in prayer through this whole process and all the way home. Please continue to pray for all of us as we bond with Zoe.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Zoe. I can't wait to meet you!! And, I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip and a safe flight home, Alisa. Hope to see you all very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK at that SWEET smile!!! She is so beautiful! Happy to hear your flights went well! Unlike our 2nd trip when we missed our flight from Chicago to BWI! We will continue to pray that Zoe will quickly bond with each one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord you are all home safe & sound! God is so good. I can't wait to see Zoe in person! May the Lord make her transition and the bonding experience smooth and peace-filled for all of you. She is truly precious. Love, Jenny C.

    ReplyDelete